PoliNations programme update: 9 September 2022
We send our deepest condolences to the Royal Family and to the public at the news of the passing of Her Majesty the Queen. We have been liaising closely with our partners and artists to determine the most appropriate course of action.
The PoliNations garden will continue to remain open, providing a space for the public to come together.
We are still offering a programme of daily events of a reflective nature, including our self-guided headphone tours, yoga and meditation sessions, and the evening soundscape, the Sunset Shift. You can find details about the workshops that are also taking place here.
However we will be suspending our live programme of talks and performances until further notice. The following performances in partnership with BBC’s Contains Strong Language Poetry and Performance Festival, due to take place today and across the weekend of 9-11 September, will not be going ahead:
- Performance by the finalists of the Laurel Prize 2022
- Soweto Kinch: White Juju
- Jasmine Gardosi: Dancing to Music You Hate
- BBC Words First Showcase reading and film screenings
- Laurel Prize Workshops with Elena Karina Byrne & Glyn Maxwell
- Across Borders Poets land at PoliNations
- India:UK Exchange Poets land at PoliNations
- Luke Wright
We apologise to everyone who was looking forward to these specific events and will provide an update next week about the rest of the PoliNations programme.